We are looking for a fun, hardworking and motivated retail superstar to join our team and help our little store go places. You must have a passion for furniture, homewares and all things beautiful! We're looking for people with initiative and spectacular customer service. Must be located in Cairns QLD.
Sales Assistant - Casual
Must be available Saturdays
- Ensure a positive and engaging experience for store visitors.
- Address customer enquiries, both online and in-house and provide solutions and ideas.
- Maintain a neat and organised shop and workspace, including arranging furniture, textiles, artwork and merchandise.
- Resolve customer issues promptly and professionally.
- Greet and assist customers in the store, providing information about brands, ordering processes, styling advice, colour and material pairings, fabrication and product care.
- Effectively communicate the store's mission, ethos and design sense
Social Media Management
- Develop and execute social media strategies to promote goods for sale in store, styling services and gifting.
- Develop and execute social media strategies to promote shop events or collaborations.
- Create engaging and visually appealing content for various social media platforms.
- Monitor social media channels, respond to comments, and engage with the online community.
- Must be confident using Canva and social media tools to generate content for social media and promotional materials.
- Able to capture and edit photos and videos of products and merchandising in store.
- Write compelling and informative captions for social media posts.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of marketing materials, both online and offline.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of promotional events and store merchandising and theming.
Store Upkeep and Weekly Tasks
- Maintain a cleaning roster and keep the store fresh and clean.
- Open and close procedures.
- Cash and card payments.
- Confident design skills.
- Previous retail experience, preferably in a shop, gallery or interior design setting.
- Strong interest in furniture and textiles, particularly Australian design.
- Strong interest in interior design and styling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Ability to work Saturdays as needed.
- Enthusiastic team player with a proactive attitude.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational skills.
If you think you would be an AWESOME fit for our team of superstars, please send in your resume and a cover letter telling us why you would like to join our team!
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com.